Re: TR futures

To: "TRlist" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR futures
From: "Mitchell, Doug \(D.B.\)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:33:39 -0500
<TONGUE IN CHEEK>

Watch the watch, watch the watch, watch the watch...
You are now under my spell.

Don't listen to Dean, Randall, TeriAnn or any
of the other environmentalists.

Go immediately to your new car dealer (preferably Ford,
Mercury, Lincoln, Volvo, Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin,
or Land Rover) and buy a new car. ;)

When I snap my fingers, you will not remember any of
this.

SNAP.

</TONGUE IN CHEEK>

Keep in mind, that the other side of reducing the
number of new cars produced will have adverse effects
on the economy. Fewer cars would lead to higher unemployment,
not only at the auto manufacturers, but also all the
suppliers.

I tend to agree with those who don't drive their vintage
cars daily. Although I enjoy driving either the Spit or
the Stag, because of the distance of my commute and the
number of SUVs on the road, I don't drive either to
work on a regular basis. This is partly the same reason
I don't buy a motorcycle and ride it to work. (Well, I
don't drive the Stag for other reasons. Like, it isn't
running.;))

I do agree that we are depleting too many of our natural,
resources. Keep in mind that the cars of today are much
more efficient both in terms of fuel economy and reduced
emissions than the cars that were built when our Triumphs
were new.

Cheers,

Doug

--