RE: Birthdays

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Birthdays
From: "Jim Holmgren" <jholmgren@advertising.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:07:30 -0500
It was because of my father that I got into Spitfire's too...but for an
entirely different reason.

When I was 15 (1985), a friend of the family inherited a late-model Spit
1500 (I remember the rubber bumpers) and an MG from his father after he
passed away in a traffic accident.  Curiously enough, it was behind the
wheel of a huge old Cadillac - maybe if he was driving one of his LBC he
could have avoided the accident?

Anyway - he had no use or desire to have 2 LBCs and offered to sell me
the Spit, for $500!  Unfortunately, my dad said "NO WAY!" - and being
only 15 at the time, I didn't have much say in the matter.

Man, it's hard to believe I held that grudge for almost 20 years - it
actually became a bit of an inside joke at family gatherings.

I finally managed to find one in decent shape, and as a bonus it was the
same color as the one I tried to buy in '85, about a year and a half
ago...I just couldn't wait to drive it over to my folks house and show
it off.  :))

Now my dad is semi-retired and actually comes over to help me work on it
occasionally.

Jim
'75 Spitfire 1500
NASS #302
The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person(s) or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please contact the sender and permanently delete the email from any computer.