RE: Mystery bracket from Spitfire

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: RE: Mystery bracket from Spitfire
From: "Eric K." <tr3a@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 22:04:20 +0100 (CET)
On Sun, March 6, 2005 20:20, Joe Curry said:
> I believe that is the bracket that routes the fuel line across the front
> of the engine.  It is there to keep the line from interfering with the
> water pump/fan belt.  Inside the large hole is a rubber grommet and the
> line goes through that.

Hmmm. It's a good idea, but I don't think that's it. On Spit 1500's with
twin SU's, the fuel line is routed _behind_ the engine through a 90 degree
bracket with _two_ large holes. One of the holes is used for attaching it
to a head stud, the other holds the grommet. I don't have that bracket
(some DPO must've lost it), but I've seen it on other Spits and I'm pretty
sure the one I found isn't it.

Thanks for your answer anyway, Joe. It reminded me I must find/make a
replacement for that missing fuel line bracket.

Eric

--
'57 TR3A TS23315L
'76 Spit FH88257L