TR3 mods?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 mods?
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:16:45 -0400
I purchased my first TR3 around the time of my high school graduation after
driving a '64 Spitfire my senior year. To my everlasting regret, I sold that
wonderful car after 7 years (two kids, job, mortgage, bills, etc. -- you know
the story all too well).

A quarter-century later, I now have a collection of parts that, beginning next
spring, will be assembled into three TR3A's (overcompensation can be fun).
One will be a restored, unmodified car (I have a bunch of new and restored
parts for that one). The second, a daily-driver with reliability-focused
suspension and drive train improvements.

The third, I'm not yet sure about. I don't have a frame for it, so I have some
choices: a later IRS frame or a custom frame with completely modern
suspension? That allows some creativity with the body: widen the tub itself?
lengthen the body? clone a factory prototype or limited-run variant? (I don't
consider the fabrication and body work involved to be a deal-killer.) So,
what's already been done along those lines of thinking?

Thanks,
Hoyt