RE: 'Invisible' Antenna

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 'Invisible' Antenna
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:44:06 -0700
> 2. My preference would be not to have a hole in the body for an antenna,
> so I'm looking to see if I can get basic radio sound without a visible
> antenna.

Does it have to be radio ?  Unless you're into news or talk shows, a CD-MP3
player might suit your needs.  I know I love mine, and I frequently go for
months without bothering to put up the antenna.

> 4. Has anyone had experience with having a radio without an antenna
> visible from the outside?

Possibly not comparable, but my 80 Chevy had the antenna embedded in the
windshield by the factory.  Worked OK as long as I was in a strong signal area,
but had noticeable problems with marginal signals even with two different
factory radios and an aftermarket AM/FM/cassette.  Was especially noticeable
when running the wipers, the station would frequently fade in and out as the
wipers moved across the windshield.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org