RE: 'Invisible' Antenna

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 'Invisible' Antenna
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 05:38:35 -0700
I'll second Randall's comment.  I mounted a wire antenna, basically just a
wire hanging down the back of the cab, in my 40 Ford truck because I didn't
want to drill a hole in the cab for an antenna.  I works, however, just
barely.  Of course a window embedded one would work a little better since
the cab will tend to block the signal.  However, like Randall, I wasn't too
concerned with radio reception either since I was planning on using the MP3
feature of the unit anyway.  Randall at least has the luxury of a good
"oldies" station at 101.1 - Us poor schmucks down here in San Diego are
lamenting the loss of ours when the last remaining oldies station at 94.9
went off the air a couple of months ago, well was replaced by another
format in a different language, and at present all you can get are either
Spanish which seems to be taking over the airwaves these days, or 80's
stuff and a couple of country which can be good on occasion - sign of the
times I guess - And not to offend anybody, but...well...lets just say I
didn't care for the 80's and later musically - give me the 50's and 60's
any day, now that's rock an roll!
Ooop, yes I'm sorry dear, I'm taking the medication right now...off the
soap box :-)

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)