RE: scam alert - I Think!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: scam alert - I Think!
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:11:59 -0700
> I'm confused too.  I visit various web sites including E-Bay
> looking at TR
> parts.  Looked at a steering wheel.  Didn't bid, didn't inquire.  Next
> thing, I've got an e-mail from a guy in (China, he says) that
> he's got the
> steering wheel and am I still interested?  Sounds like spyware to me.

I don't know how it works or how to do it, but I am convinced that Internet
Exploder will pass out your email address to any web site that knows how to
ask for it.  I had a similar experience of receiving spam addressed to me,
from a (non Triumph) web site that I had just visited.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org