RE: scam alert - I Think!

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: scam alert - I Think!
From: "lists" <lists01@canleyworks.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:18:53 -0700
-----Original Message-----
> I don't know how it works or how to do it, but I am convinced
> that Internet Exploder will pass out your email address to
> any web site that knows how to ask for it.  I had a similar
> xperience of receiving spam addressed to me, from a (non Triumph)
> web site that I had just visited.

I don't see how. IE does not have access to your e-mail address.
I look through my web server logs periodically, and I have never
seen a request string that contains the user's e-mail address.

More likely, your reverse DNS record has some information that
can be used to contact you by e-mail. For example, a previous
ISP that I used assigned me a reverse DNS record that contained
my username! Not. Good. At. All.

===     http://www.vtr.org