Re: 1960 TR3 thermostat

To: <harvoc@comcast.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1960 TR3 thermostat
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:00:11 -0500
> Looks like the TR3 needs a new thermostat.  I haven't taken the old one
> out yet, but I see that Moss offers both a sleeved and regular thermostat.
> Any suggestions from the list as to which I should order, or do they both
> do an adequate job?
>
> Harvey
> New Haven, CT

Harvey,

I replaced my unsleeved thermostat with a sleeved unit this summer.  I
haven't really noticed any drastic differences.  As John mentioned, the
unsleeved version will allow some coolant to bypass the radiator, but based
on my experience, this isn't enough to significantly change overall cooling
efficiency.  However, your results may vary.

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L
1959 AH Bugeye - AN5L23250