Re: I'm putting a Ford 302 V8 in my TR3 like Paul and Tom . . .

To: hoyt@cavtel.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I'm putting a Ford 302 V8 in my TR3 like Paul and Tom . . .
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:35:53 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>

Back in the late 70's a friend performed a 283/Powerglide conversion on
his
TR3 and used it to embarrass the big Healeys (and a 'Vette or two).

==AM==
Just out of curiosity, do you remember anything about that conversion,
particularly use of the Powerglide box? One of the "problems" that
folks (including Standard-Triumph) encountered with the ubiquitous
Borg-Warner 35 automatic box is that it was so wide and took up a lot
of interior room, not to mention often requiring some rather drastic
chassis alterations. Is the Powerglide narrower than the B-W box?

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org