RE: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <CFisher@borgwarner.com>
Subject: RE: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:07:34 -0500
Curt,
The only thing really tricky about replacing your pistons and sleeves is
swapping the new pistons to your connecting rods. I had my machinist do it
on my motor rebuild. Seems you have to heat the pistons enough to get them
off the wrist pins. Also, make sure you check the ring gap on the new rings!
Ask me how I know.
The real danger is developing shipwrights desease while you are in there!
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a

===     http://www.vtr.org