RE: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:39:07 -0800
> Why is the wet liner 4 cylinder engine called a TRactor motor?

Personally, it's just my little joke referring to the fact that a very
similar (but by no means identical) engine was installed in some Ferguson
Tractors built by Standard-Triumph.  Mostly because it's easier than typing
"wet liner 4-cylinder Vanguard engine" since it was used in so many
different cars with so many different displacements (but not all 4-cylinder
Triumphs).  It's also built rather like a tractor motor : rugged, durable
and heavy.

In fact it was my impression that you owned such a tractor.  Didn't you tell
us you own a Ferguson TEA-20 ?  I'm sorry I've forgotten her name ... would
forget my own if people didn't yell it at me all day.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org