Re: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:01:49 -0000 reply-type=original
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>> Why is the wet liner 4 cylinder engine called a TRactor motor?
>
> Personally, it's just my little joke referring to the fact that a very
> similar (but by no means identical) engine was installed in some Ferguson
> Tractors built by Standard-Triumph.  Mostly because it's easier than
> typing
> "wet liner 4-cylinder Vanguard engine" since it was used in so many
> different cars with so many different displacements (but not all
> 4-cylinder
> Triumphs).  It's also built rather like a tractor motor : rugged, durable
> and heavy.
>
> In fact it was my impression that you owned such a tractor.  Didn't you
> tell
> us you own a Ferguson TEA-20 ?

Aha - just to see if anyone fell into the trap - but no-one did :)

Yes, I did have a Fergie up to two years ago though 'Daisy' was a TED-20 in
that she ran gasoline to start and then lamp oil to continue running. She
greatly appealed to my erratics and I often used her for shopping. I'd drive
her to the supermarket with a link box on the back (trying to park with all
the Range Rovers) and leave her there, emitting her respective perfumes of
hot oil and copious dollops of that strange stuff that goes 'splat' and is
quite good for the garden, once well-rotted :)

Cheers, JM

===     http://www.vtr.org