RE: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?

To: <CFisher@borgwarner.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:21:37 -0500
Curt,
It is fairly easy to install a new liner and piston set.  The only critical
measurement is to ensure the liner stands proud of the block per
installation instructions.  That ensures a good liner seal.  Mine all fit
perfectly so no adjustments were necessary.  You get a new set of figure of
eight seals with the kit.  IMO it is the easiest and best way to go.  Not
sure what current prices are, but if you have a mix of new and used pistons
it is well worth the cost of all new parts.
Pete