Re: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?

To: John Macartney <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How hard to fit a big bore kit to a TRactor motor?
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:20:49 -0800 (PST)
--- John Macartney <standardtriumph@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Why is the wet liner 4 cylinder engine called a TRactor motor?
>
> Jonmac

Hi Jonmac,

My understanding is that it began as an insult from devotees of another make of
sports car, referring to the common orgin of the Fergusen engine and the TR
engine.  I believe it's now become a matter of pride to refer to it in that
manner, highlighting it's toughness and durability.

Or at least that's how "I" look at it.

Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"