Re: [TR] Replacing TR4A Steering Rack Bellows

To: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Replacing TR4A Steering Rack Bellows
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:24:41 +0100
> If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I thought the big end of the driver's
> side boot was secured with wire and a twist... not a clamp.  Rather like
> the wire fixing the rear axle buffers on a solid axle car.  Zip ties will
> surely work but the wire is just as easy and available and may even be
> correct.

Or one could do it *properly* as we did in both factory owned and run
Service Divisions by using jubilee type worm drive clamps. The wire, while
arguably practical, had a similar effect on the steering gaiters as those
wretched bent wire hose clamps that knackered hoses in no time at all.

My two pence worth

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org