Re: [TR] Why do I bother??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Why do I bother??
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 11:31:20 -0700
First off let me say thanks to those of you who made use of the
donate link - I appreciate it!

Bob Labuz wrote:
> Mark,
>
> What actually happens when an aol user flags the autox.team.net domain?
>
> Do you just get a bunch of cannot send notifications or does the
> autox.team.net domain get flagged by a major router as an untrusted or
> spam domain?

The person gets the email and if they click on the spam button a copy is
returned to me as an email feedback report.  And the brilliant folks at
AOL remove the name of the list and the person who reported it.  So
basically AOL tells me that someone on one of my lists flagged it as spam.
For regular mail the manage link with the recipient's address in it is
left intact, so I know who it is.  For digests that option is not available
so I don't know who is complaining, I just throw a rock at a pack of dogs
and the one that barks got hit ;-)

When enough complaints have been compiled by AOL the IP address of
the server is blocked from connecting to AOL.  When it has happened in
the past I've put in the effort to contact AOL  and convince them it isn't
a spam site.  We'll see what happens the next time.

mjb.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive