Re: Tow Vehicle

To: "Michael Frank" <mfrank@westnet.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:50:38 -0000
some how a range rover seems a bit short in the wheel base?   it it just a
mental thing or what?   but my biggest concern would be service if a break
down occured away from home dealership.   around here a friend of our niece
had one and it had to go to some where up in north jersey or new york for
service.  that's over an hour away from here in pennsylvania.  although it
appears to be a well built vehicle from reports i have heard, i am led to
believe there is a (what i would consider) rather poor dealer network for
support of the vehicle if any problems occur away from your local dealer.
i would much rather have a tow vehicle that has a strong dealer network when
considering the distances from home i roam with my trailer attached.    now
as for price / etc. i'm not equiped to pass judgement on who should spend
what .   it is enough i have a few race cars that there are no listings for
parts at 99.9% of the auto parts stores out there.  so i must carry
evrything i think might give a problem for the race car.   but to have to
carry the same load of spares for my tow vehicle would be prohibitive from
my point of view.   i think you will find that if you poll the people out
there who own tow vehicles , domestic or foregin(doug's honda  :)  )  you
will find a rather extensive dealer network or a very popular parts supply
in auto stores for a majority of the vehicles mentioned.   hey!  i'm
avoiding the " i like my*whatever* best because" thing here we just went
through that recently did we not?  lol!  we all have what we prefer or are
looking to upgrade from what we presently have.

chuck.
oh boy have i done it this time or what?  possibly i need to go hide in my
garage untill this one cools off?.............c.    :)