Demolition Derby at the BRIC

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Demolition Derby at the BRIC
From: Craig Wright <Craig245@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:18:11 +0800
I received this from a friend. We all need to be careful out there.

Craig Wright
GT-350

This is from the group 6 BRIC race of July 17, 2005.  My understanding
is that the pace car didn't control the field properly.  Jim said that
the pace car was going too fast and the lead group got separated from
the middle group on the pace lap.  The starter didn't give the green,
but the middle group of cars, by now up to full race speed & trying to
catch the lead group, couldn't see that,  Nor could they see the lead
group of cars, which by this time were off of the gas and slowing down.
17 cars received extremely major damage or were destroyed.   Nobody died.

http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/bric2005

Michael Eisenberg
maeco@maecomotorsport.com
www.maecomotorsport.com