RE: Demolition Derby at the BRIC

To: "'Carl McLelland'" <carlynneracing@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Demolition Derby at the BRIC
From: "Rick Yocum" <rickyocum@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:16:25 -0400
There are so many issues here that could be addressed that
directly/indirectly
contributed to this melee' it would take a book to address all of them.

...and the main thing is to remember we are VINTAGE RACING.  It isn't the
end of the world if you drop a spot or two on the start.  If everyone shows
proper restraint, we'll get through the first couple of turns intact and
then the pace can pick up.  Remember, the folks watching you race are there
to see the cars, not to see you race.  You tear up the cars and there's
nothing left to bring them back.

Sure, I like the rush of racing, but not at the expense of fellow
competitors...or my equipment.  I did the SCCA thing for years, then moved
on to vintage.  There are more than a few in vintage that should move on to
SCCA, get it out of their system, then come back.

Rick