Re: POR 15

To: Andrew Packard <apackard@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: POR 15
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:43:38 -0700 (PDT)
Andrew
I go along with what Corey has stated.  I have had good result with this
product on the under side of the body, fenders, doors, and the interior.
Just wire wheel the old paint off and apply with all the protection you can
stand. It has taken up to six weeks in some cases to wear off the skin.
One note though: don't buy the six pack of paint. Half of mine were already
starting to harden. It was a waste of time and money.
Dale

 Andrew Packard wrote: On July 4, I bought a "no rust" TR250 from a guy in
Milwaukee and drove it back to North Carolina. After getting in and under it,
there was plenty of body rust and lots of chassis issues including bracing and
sistered members throughout. I have found a good TR6 frame to start from fresh.
I have gotten advice to use POR-15 to paint the chassis as long as I leave the
surface rust, wear gloves and don't get it on my face since it would take weeks
to come off. Has anyone had experience with POR 15, good or bad?
Andy