Zen and the Art of TR6 Maintenance

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Zen and the Art of TR6 Maintenance
From: "Charlie & Adriane" <chadstew@texas.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:53:13 -0500
Right on Jack!  My ex had a Miata, the only thing guys looked at was her!
Something sexy about a woman driving a convertable sports car.

I get the same stares, people chasing me down and comments great that you
receive... I do receive a little more attention from my Healey though :)

I can't wait for fall driving!  I just have a hard time deciding which car to
drive :)))~~~ I love 'em both!

Take care,

Charlie Stewart
Georgetown, TX
'71 TR-6  Laurel Green with a lumpy cam and loud
'60 Ex-Bitch  Red Hair with a grumpy attitude and loud
'53 Austin-Healey  Red, stock and quite

 I have quite the same sentiments. When I'm in my TR6, I have people chase me
down to say, "cooool car". People stop me in parking lots to look at it, and
my students all go ga ga over it even though it is "slow" by today's
standards.
My sister has a Miata, the only time she gets a compliment is when she asks
how they like her car. And nobody has ever chased her down to get a look at
it. Miatas are a dime a dozen in my neighborhood

 Jack W.

 My two cents regarding the debate over how to enhance TR6 performance.

 While I'd be happy to have a bit more acceleration in my TR6 this is
definitely not why I bought it. If all I wanted was a two-seater with
speed
I would have gotten a used Miata or BMW Z3 (well, I couldn't have
affforded the Z3), but there must be a dozen Miatas parked in front of houses
within
a two block radius of me. Not to mention the Corky Romano factor; they may
be faster than a TR6 but god knows you pay the price in style. For that
matter, I live in Southern California where I'm surrounded by kids in Ninja
Hondas that can blow the doors off of any Miata (not to mention my 33 year
old Triumph), so I'm used to being passed.