Re: Zen and the Art of TR6 Maintenance

To: gln@worldpath.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Zen and the Art of TR6 Maintenance
From: Gameparker@cs.com
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:38:33 EDT
Nick,
I agree that it's not a stretch at all.  I recall playing chase with a TT
owner, who I know was trying hard from the tell-tail wisp of black smoke from
his pipes.  He too gave me a look of shock/and of being impressed - a near 30
year old car resuscitated in a "back-from-the-grave" $10,000 project with no
perceivable "street" difference in performance to his $35,000 piece of
perfection (notice I said street difference...).  Of course, I do have mods
(cam, SU's with matched needles, K&N's, 9.5:1 head and headers), that if he
or any other TT owner were to do to their cars would put them in another
class altogether.
Just my recollection
Geoff Parker
(Recently sold '74)