Re: Zen and the Art of TR6 Maintenance

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Zen and the Art of TR6 Maintenance
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:01:39 -0700
I just love threads like this. I've gone about as far as you can go with a
Street TR6 and she does surprise me sometimes. I will admit I pick my fights
wisely at times and while I steer clear of kids in their V6 Jettas and Saab
Turbos, especially at highway speeds (no overdrive), I do  stupid things
sometimes, like take on a kid in a 5.0 Mustang pulling out of a toll booth ,
and I actually was with him up to about 50 or so. I don't know what my
actual HP is since I've never seen a Dyno, but suppose a Six is in the 180
HP range at lets say 5000 rpm, it doesn't seem to be a stretch that it could
handle any other car of the same HP if the Six is a bit lighter, especially
0-70 , since it seems my six is really geared for that sort of thing, I
usually end things by that time anyway. I agree, it's crazy to try to make a
TR6 into a Porsche , I suppose if you want that kind of performance save
yourself a lot of money and trouble and buy a Porsche. But no doubt the Six
turns way more heads~!!!

Nick Gemas