Re: Zen and the Art of TR6 Maintenance

To: "Shawn Loseke" <shawn@swo.com>
Subject: Re: Zen and the Art of TR6 Maintenance
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:13:38 -0400
Oh Shawn,  a TT?  They come in two stock flavors, 180 HP or 225 HP. I
guess you got the weaker one.

The Miata stuff is one thing, but a TT and a TR is no match.
Only if the TT driver is just playing will you even smell his exhaust.

This reminds me of the movie out recently where the guy was in love with
a LARGE woman, but could only see her as a beauty.

I do know how you feel though. I get the same charge out of smoking kids
in their 5.0 Mustangs and Daddy's turbo Beemers with my 16 year old
Porsche 944 turbo. (I'm slow out of the hole, so I try to get 'em from
60-120, where I have the advantage). I've gotten thinking about trying
to make the TR more like the Porsche, in handling and power, but after
you spend all the cash required, you should just buy a Porsche. As
pretty as my 951 is, though , I get more comments from girls on the
(much rattier) TR's than the  Porsche. Go figure!

I prefer to love my TR's for their foibles and charms. To handle like a
modern car isn't in the cards for these old girls. They is what they is,
and what they is won't stomp a TT straight up without major surgery. I
still like the looks of a TR more than the TT.

(As he dons his flame-retardent coveralls)

BTW has anyone heard whether Chrysler is gonna build the Razor concept
car? It's supposed to be a 2.4L  4 cyl turbo sporting 250 HP for about
$16K. Real spartan 2 seat interior with recarro seats, 4 pt. belts, NO
radio!  6-speed tranny and rear wheel drive. Not a convert, as I recall,
but....me want, ME WANT! Here's where I saw it:

http://www.edmunds.com/news/conceptcarspotlight/articles/57197/article.h
tml

Jim