Re: Ignition Problems

To: <Gameparker@cs.com>, <StuBeatty@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Problems
From: "mitch" <mitchv@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:31:43 -0700
Stu,
when I started having high rpm "hiccups", my year old petronix system was
the
last thing I suspected.  Only after having replaced or verified all else did
I throw my old points back in as a last ditch effort and guess what - the
problem went away.  Put the Ignitor back in and problem returned.  I sent
the
unit back in to take advantage of the 30 month warranty.  I got a phone call
about 3 months ago saying that they had received and were evaluating the
unit.  That was the last I heard of them.  If I still owned my TR6, I'd be
escalting the issue, to say the least.
Just my 2 pence worth,
Geoff Parker

I had the same problem with Petronix last year, back to points, waaaalaaaa,
problem solved. I wouldn't waste my money on it again.