TR6 capability

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 capability
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:35:31 -0800
        Robert:

        Perhaps it is not quite as amazing as you think. He is my $0.02,
and if I am smoking rope, well... It would not be the first time.
        Most of the cornering and handling improvements in the last 30
years has come from tire technology. Modern rubber compounds, tread designs
and profiles have added dramatically to the cornering capabilities.
        In addition, suspension tweaks like urethane bushings and rear
sway bars are easily added to the 6. Cam profiles are also easily updated.
        Lastly, fuel injection adds no power over carburetors. Ultimate
power is the same. What fuel injection gets you is mileage, drivability,
and emissions (significant gains, to be sure).
        Tires and suspension upgrades are so easy to do, that it is
trivial to bring the car up to modern cornering standards. It is a tribute
to Standard Triumph that the car is so fundamentally capable, and it
is easy to add enough modern technology that you need not apologize for the
car's performance. All that, and you can drive a distinctive classic
to boot!

        Cheers,

        Vance