Re: RE: TR6 capability

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>,
Subject: Re: RE: TR6 capability
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:27:04 -0500
I absolutely love LBCs, don't get me wrong.  But as an auto enthusiast you have
to appreciate the Japanese performance market.  The more I read the more I am
amazed as it is unbelieveably huge and very high tech.  Just pick up an import
magazine and flip through it.  Owners are even programming their own EPROM
controller chips from laptops!

Getting 400+ horsepower out of a Japanese four banger will set you back about
$10,000 if not more.  And believe it or not, the engine shop that I dealt with
that builds both LBC and Japanses engines says they have more work than they
can handle with Japanese engines.  A customer will drive a brand new Civic or
Celica to the shop and have the engine pulled for complete teardown and
rebuild.

Gotta admit, the times they are a changin'.  My point all along has been to
love your TR for what it is and understand its limitations, however
insignificant those limitations may be.  TR's represent a different time in
automotive evolution that carries an attraction to many, owners and non-owners
alike.  Although, it's still fun to smoke a rice rocket wanna-be...

Greg Dito
CD6250L