RE: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:36:36 -0500
Okay, Randall; you got me there. But to that I say we should change the
"rules".  I made my small monetary contribution this year to the Major who
maintains these lists. As such,  I feel "entitled" to opine that a referendum
(being from California I'm sure you are familiar with that process) might
result in rules that reflect the majority wishes of those for whom the lists
serve. Given a vote on the topic, I'd bet most list members would not object to
commercial messages under the condition that the subject line identify it as
such.

Assuming you don't mind, Randall, I think everyone should e-mail their vote on
this topic to you and you - as a "senior" member of the list - can report the
findings, okay?

I vote to allow commercial messages concerning British car parts, accessories,
sale promotions, etc.

Bob Fabie

 Maybe this sort of thing is "prohibited", but I
> don't recall acknowledging any such conditions when I signed on
> to the lists,

Aw, now, let's not even go there ...

> but perhaps it's "tribal" knowledge that's passed
> on without a known origin.

The origin is fairly well known (I hope), check out
http://www.team.net/tn-mail.html
and
http://www.team.net/www/corp-use.html
which states in bold letters :
"Beyond casual comments within ongoing discussions or occasional mention
[of] external services, if a company wants to do business on the net, they
should not use these lists, but find other means to do so."