Re: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:06:24 -0500
I wish there could be some compromise on the issue of vendor
advertisements on the list.

I think the availability of parts is critical for our hobby, and I see
people like Ted Schumacher, Richard Good, TRF, Moss and the various Moss
distributors like Kai or whoever as being critical to the availability
of those parts. We all need to keep these people in business.

One person was banned from the list for advertising his products. I
admit I had issues with him, but it had to do with how he went about it
rather than the fact that he was selling products to support our hobby.
I had no problem with him advertising products on the list.

I would like to know about new products, sales, etc from the folks in
the business. I need them to stay in business.

I have subscribed to the autojumble list, but I don't get much traffic.
I can understand why vendors like Ted would use this list rather than
autojumble.

Are we sure there can be no compromise? Perhaps a special keyword in the
subject line like LBCCOMMERCIAL that would identify these commercial
messages and enable those who object to them to filter them out.

If some vendor abuses it, can't they be banned at that point?

Don Malling