Re: overheating issue

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: overheating issue
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:14:12 -0500
Jim,

Before getting to heavily into modifications to solve your problem I would
recomend a few simple steps first.  Take a trip to your favorite discount store
(Wal-Mart, etc.) and purchase a baking or meat thermomometer to accurately
measure the true temp of your coolant.  When I did this I found that the
coolant was the right temp and my guage was reading high.  Since my gas guage
was reading high also I replaced the voltage stabilizer and cured both
problems.  Previous to replacing the Volt. stab. I changed the thermostat to
one that opened at 165 degrees but ended up changing back to 180 after
replacing the volt. stab. since the car was running too cool.  Also, when I
removed my intake manifold I found the metal coolant pipe running through it to
be quite clogged, restricting but not preventing flow.  Now temps will climb at
idle, but not excessively.

Alternatively, you can hookup a switch in your system to trigger the fan
automatically.  I have not done this but know others have and they would be
better suited to provide information on how to install it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aaron
Topsham, Maine (with plenty of natural cooling)