Re: Cooling fan

To: "(unknown)" <ALPINES@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling fan
From: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:47:47 -0400
Vic,

I wish There was a more elegant way of installing a temp probe. Maybe
tapping it into the same housing as the water temp. sending unit? How long
is this probe?

Another question, did you mount the fan on the engine side, or the other
side of the radiator. There seems to be more room on the other side.

Tom

<<Tom

On the model (Davies-Craig brand) I used there was a probe which was
inserted
longitudinally into the radiator top hose where the hose fits onto the
radiator (ie you took the hose off, put the probe and a small sleeve on the
radiator outlet and slipped the hose back over, then tightened up the
clamp).  I had my doubts at first but this worked fine -  no leaks - the
sleeve is arc-shaped to fit smoothly inside the hose and has a slot for the
probe>>