Re: Re: Alpines and Geminis

To: JGross@econolite.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Alpines and Geminis
From: "Paul Heuer" <p_heuer@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:10:28 +1030
<<<On fitting a Gemini head to an Alpine block>>>

Jarrid, others with a Frankenstein bent,
Ohhh boy, humble pie time I fear....
I had a chance to put the two heads side by side last night, and didn't like
what I saw. The crescent shaped coolant passages are on opposite sides of
the heads! I had the gasket turned end-for-end when I tried it on the Alpine
head over the weekend. Sorry about that Chief!

Anyhow, swapping the gasket around meant the head bolts lined up even
better, but the coolant passages are all over the place.

I took some pictures and have loaded them up to:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4081/alpine/gem_head/

I've left them at high res, about 350K each, so you can get some detail.

Two of the photos show the Alpine gasket offset from the correct position so
you can see the coolant passages in the head compared to the gasket (one pic
for inlet, one for exhaust side of the head).

If you still think it worthwhile I can try to make a rubbing of the Gemini
head.

BTW - no luck in getting a model number for the motor yet. And I think this
type of motor is the earliest one we got here, later motors had 'big valve'
heads according to one Gemini web site.
Cheers,
Paul.
'Rusty' the 79 Gemini