Invasion

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Invasion
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:51:21 EDT
List,
For those of you that missed the Invasion, you really missed a great event.
Ian did an outstanding job getting this thing put together and it was a
TREMENDOUS amount of work.  From signs to prize bags to making sure the F-Car
got in safe, not to mention putting together cars for the event, tables,
chairs, catering dudes, neighbor that get touchy about lawn issues, bands,
parents needs, wives needs, babies needs, idiot flying in from Colorado wanting
a ride, soda, ice, portable poop houses, dipped cars, Harrington&#8217;s, web
sites, phone calls, e-mails, copy this copy that, drop off this that and the
other thing.........

WOW, it's no wonder you got sick!!  But even with that, Ian did such a good jog
delegating and pooling resources, the event moved on.  Successfully I might
add.  Thank your folks again.  This was a great place to gather.  I loved what
little I saw of the state and Tipp was a great little town.

Tim Stiffy.  Your car was my favorite, as it must have been for many.  The
awards ceremony spoke of that.

Well, it&#8217;s back to the garage to try and finish mine for the next event.
BTW, for those of you considering overdrive, GO FOR IT!  I got to drive a beam
with overdrive and there is nothing like it.  Fantastic.

Steve, thanks for bringing the race car.  I know it was not cheep and your
Sunbeam enthusiasm was much appreciated.

Paul Scofield
Colorado