RE: Annual Tow Vehicle Question

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>, "'Joshua Hadler'" <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: RE: Annual Tow Vehicle Question
From: Lindsay Wilson <lwilson1@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:30:15 -0700
YES, that's right Josh, Ford will soon introduce the EXCURSION.
10 inches longer than a Suburban.  :)
6.8 liter Triton V-10 standard, 7.3 liter Powerstroke Turbo Diesel optional.

As for those who are, ahem, height challenge (note the PC), Ford is offering
the Expedition with electric adjustable pedals.  3 inches of travel.  Wouldn't
want Grandma getting squished by the air bag now would we?
Hey Rob, why don't you have the wife test drive an Expedition with the
adjustable pedals?  I'd like to know if she likes them.

As for preferred tow vehicles, John Ames tows with an Explorer.
2 wheel drive, 4.0 liter SOHC V6 and 5 speed automatic.
Gets 14 - 16 mpg towing Mustang on an open trailer.

        Lindsay