Re: a question

To: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: a question
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 10:13:27 -0400
        >1.  Straighten out the course with your driving.  IOW, try to
        >make every curve into a straight.

I had the chance to ride with Mark Daddio driving my point-and-
squirt-car (Corvette) and he literally NEVER had the wheel
straight.  If he wasn't turning the wheel to exit one corner, he was
turning the wheel to set-up for the entry to the next corner.  It was
the main difference I noted between his style and mine.  This was
especially notable because if the wheel's turned in my car you
can't give it full throttle or you'll get wheelspin, so there's a tendancy
to try to "straighten" the car so that full throttle can be applied.
It takes great discipline to not try to go faster by stomping on the
loud pedal whenever possible.

IOW, straightening out the course doesn't mean you DRIVE in
straight lines from point to point.

Kent Rafferty