Re: C&C mods in stock...

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: C&C mods in stock...
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:42:07 -0400
"Mark J. Andy" wrote:
> Why must we take the difficult approach when we, the club representing
> the people in question, could just allow it ourselves?

Because it's not just a Chrysler problem.  This is a never-ending, ever-
growing list with high maintenance costs.  Your solution simply doesn't
scale.

You've already named six (Neon motor mounts, Porsche chain tensioners,
RX-7TT vacuum hoses, Mustang SFC's, Camaro/Firebird SFC's, C5 Corvette
rear wheels).

Which ones have you forgotten?  How about 914 rear trailing arms, which
need fixing either by boxing the arm to strengthen it, and/or
reinforcing the mounting area?  How about all the cars (MR2's come to
mind) that have a habit of ripping the sway bar mount?  How about BMW
E30 318is's that turn upside down?  There are probably dozens of these
things today...  How many will there be 10 years from now?

What about when that recommended manufacturer of SFC's for Mustangs
stops making them?  Do you go back and review the options?

Every car has its weaknesses.  It's part of the game (and the classing
system).  We have to live with that.

For those who cannot live with it, if it's truly a legitimate weakness
in the car, get the manufacturer to fix it by issuing a simple piece of
paper, and/or a revised part.

Mark