re: ST @ Nationals

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: re: ST @ Nationals
From: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:14:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net> wrote:

> 1) You will have to shave street tires anyway to avoid chunking them.

False. Haven't seen a hint of chunking on RE71s, MXX3 GTs, AVSis,
A520s, SP8000s, P7000s, and Potenza S02s on Street Touring cars ranging
from my 1980 lb Civic to a pair of big, fat, late-model Maximas. Street
tires have come a long way.

> 2) The top competitors will shave them _and_ swap wheels at the event
> anyway because this will give them an edge over people who actually
> run on true street tires.

True. Shaving and swapping is being done in SFR and elsewhere.

> Besides, there are a lot better candidates for new classes besides
> openly pandering to the rice burner market. ;-)

Think of it as Street Prepared with a healthy dose of hindsight and try
to be open-minded and neighborly toward your fellow car enthusiasts
that the class brings in.

> IMHO of course,

Ditto!

Phil Esra