Re: ST @ Nationals

To: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ST @ Nationals
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:02:01 -0400
Phil Esra wrote:

> --- Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net> wrote:
>
> > 1) You will have to shave street tires anyway to avoid chunking them.
>
> False. Haven't seen a hint of chunking on RE71s, MXX3 GTs, AVSis,
> A520s, SP8000s, P7000s, and Potenza S02s on Street Touring cars ranging
> from my 1980 lb Civic to a pair of big, fat, late-model Maximas. Street
> tires have come a long way.

Wasn't that an ad campaign for Virginia Slims?

If your street tires aren't chunking you have a) shaved them, or b) are
not driving hard enough.

> > Besides, there are a lot better candidates for new classes besides
> > openly pandering to the rice burner market. ;-)
>
> Think of it as Street Prepared with a healthy dose of hindsight and try
> to be open-minded and neighborly toward your fellow car enthusiasts
> that the class brings in.

Think of it as a regional only class just like OSP (which I for one
would much rather see at Nationals than ST). I have absolutely no
problem with regional classes that allow any ethnic group to enjoy their
PC California experience. Just don't expect me to join up...

Paul Foster