Karts

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Karts
From: Dave Head <rally2xs@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:49:37 -0400
Hello,

I'm thinking of going soloing (since SCCA National Road Rally Championship
seems to be on its deathbed & I'm gonna need something else to do) and was
wondering...

How many regions within 300 miles of Fredericksburg, Va. (Fburg is 50 mi S.
of DC) run F125 class?  I've been spending mega-time consulting individual
WEB pages for SCCA regions and am coming up kinda empty.  Do I have to
follow the National series and ProSolo series to run karts?

My reasons for wanting to do this are that I hate actually modifying my car
(big $$$, voids the warranty, makes it less suitable for other pursuits
(lowered car sucks when doing road rally on roads with high RR crossings
and "holy" roads)) as well as the fact that karts are a hoot.

Almost went into work at 3:00 AM this morning so I could leave by 11:00 to
get to Harrisburg ProSolo because the web page for that said there would be
rental F125 karts, but called the National office and they said that the
guy renting karts was no longer servicing ProSolo.  Guess I'd have to get
my own kart, and probably rent it too in order to have someone to run
against. <G>

Only other problem with this scenario is that I absolutely SUCK at Solo II
- generally finish last in class, but I think I can get better (I always
think that... <G>)  Even if I don't, driving karts is still a hoot...

Thanks in advance for any pointers on this subject.

Dave Head