Re: RCasual driving on R tires

Subject: Re: RCasual driving on R tires
From: Dale Botkin <dale@botkin.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:33:29 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, John Lieberman wrote:

> The difference between plugs and patches, as I see it Dale, is a
> matter of sealing the leak...not of the plug coming out.
8< snip...
> Add to that the fact that most of us who plug our tires usually do so
> in a big hurry between runs, so we may not get the plug seated
> properly.
8< snip...

OK, now I understand.  I was wondering, because when I've plugged mine,
I've always had plenty of time and been pretty confident of the seal.
Once I plug 'em they don't leak again unless they get punctured again.  My
wife's Villager, for some reason, seems to vacuum up metal fasteners with
the left rear tire, and I think I had 2 or 3 plugs in there at one time.
I've had exceptionally good results with plugs.  I was just curious as to
whether personal preference was more a factor than reported performance; I
don't follow these things too closely and wondered if there were some
commonly known failing of plugs that I simply wasn't aware of.  Thanks
(and to Eric, too) for the clarification.

Dale
(racing tomorrow on two plugged tires, but with factory Eagle GA's, what's
the difference anyway?)
---
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov