Re: RCasual driving on R tires

To: "Dale Botkin" <dale@botkin.org>,
Subject: Re: RCasual driving on R tires
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 23:14:18 -0700
>Just curious...  but why would you not consider the plug good enough to
>use?  I've run several plugged (street) tires to the end of their life
>with no failures.  No one I know of has ever had a plug fail.  I've never
>heard of one failing.  It could be that I just haven't heard about it, but
>I don't even think twice about autocrossing on tires with a plug or two.
>
>No way I'm buying new tires just because of a single nail puncture to a
>year-old one, as much as I'd love to replace them with new Kumhos.  When I
>install the plug there's a big ol' wad of plug material welded to the
>inside of the puncture, so there's no way in hell it's coming out.  So,
>I'm not saying I couldn't be wrong, but is there any evidence to the
>contrary, or is it just personal preference?
>
>Dale
=============================
Just personal preference.  Actually the ideal thing used to be a plug "in"
the hole and a patch "over" the hole.  Now they have those patch/plug combo
deals which pretty much eliminate the double work.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."