Re: RCasual driving on R tires

To: "John Lieberman" <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Subject: Re: RCasual driving on R tires
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:56:26 -0700
>Plugs are "iffy," though I use them all the time on my slicks.
>They're a lot more difficult to use on steel-belted radials!  Internal
>patches, properly applied, are much more reliable.  I know lots of
>people who have had tires patched and then run them all the way down
>to the cord with no problems at all.
=========================
I carry a plug kit (ya know, the little rasp and needle-eye thingie and
tarred pipe cleaner looking plugs) with me just in case.  I'd really like to
be able to pull the offending sharp item out of the tire, plug it, air it
back up and be back in the game before the day is over.

I would of course get it patched properly at the earliest possible time
before the next event.

I was just curious as to what others have done when they got a flat during
an event.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."