Re: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack
From: "Mapman at Work" <mapman1138@interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:36:13 -0500
>I'm concerned that convertible versions of STU-eligible cars would/could be
much
>lighter (and with a roll bar just as stiff, or at least "stiff enough").

I'm very new to the list (lurking for less than a week), and a rank amateur
(in every sense of the expression) when it comes to driving, but I am pretty
sure that convertible versions of sedans/coupes are almost universally
(there are exceptions) heavier than the original car. Stiffening them would
only add to this.

Mike