Re: Change of Tech Inspection

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Change of Tech Inspection
From: "andredowney" <andredowney@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 08:46:31 -0400
Larry R. Metz wrote:
>Why not have an annual Tech Inspection
GREAT IDEA!

Jamie Sculerati wrote:
>... but I think it's a bad idea for dual use cars ... just too much which
could change ...

I disagree. Assuming that an AX driver is more in-tune with the vehicle
therefore any major deficiencies will be noticed before the event during
daily operation.

Second: most tech inspections wouldn't find the problem anyway! I'm fairly
sure that I have seen many more cars fail "on course" due to some kind of
suspension failure then have been caught in Tech. (The "If even ONE ..."
philosophy doesn't add value since most cars that fail 'stop soon' and at
most the time lost cleaning up...)

I feel that, in reality and practicality, tech is just for the obvious
things which once corrected (floating Batteries) will not reoccur.

It would be great if clubs would adopt some kind of seasonal tech (one less
thing to delay first-car-off). But I'm not holding my breadth.

Andre Downey
E/S GTI