Re: Change of Tech Inspection

To: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>
Subject: Re: Change of Tech Inspection
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 17:28:34 -0500
As others have said, Larry, I think we'd be getting into an insurance
problem here.  I do know of several regions that do an annual helmet
inspection.  I don't have a problem with that and it certainly speeds
up tech.  Another way to speed up tech for a large event is to have
about six inspectors working two parallel lines of cars.

But, with all the daily drivers we see and our ongoing efforts to
attract newbies (not to mention the occasional brain fart by an old
seasoned pro) I don't think we're going to see any major changes in
tech any time soon.

I do know, however, that Risk Management has been exploring the
possibility of an annual insurance waiver.  I don't know where that
stands right now, but it would certainly speed up registration.  Also,
in terms of speeding up registration, talk to Phil O. about the way
Texas Region is doing it.  I've been very impressed every time I've
gone over there to run a local event with them.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman