Re: points for classing was: goofy canadian rules

To: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: points for classing was: goofy canadian rules
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 22:02:20 -0500
Jeff Lloyd wrote:

> Needles to say I bought a rulebook and had to study for a week and 1/2 to
> understand them but I found out All I needed to do is put the foglights
> back.

You make a good point Jeff, but the point I mostly got was that your
local event organizers are not required to be quite so anal about every
little rule.  I personally would cut a lot of slack to someone like you
just showing up to have some fun.  (Of course I would also tell you that
if you start winning, you need to get right by the rules) :) I've run in
both systems, and I can say that there are up's and down's with both,
and that there is no completly equitable system that will make everyone
happy and competitive.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese