Re: DC gets tired of SCCA

To: "Pat MacAvoy" <patmac@tridelta.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DC gets tired of SCCA
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:37:52 -0500
> I just got a letter in the mail today, that sez that DC (chrysler) is
>   dropping all support of SCCA-sanctioned events.  This means Solo, too
>   (or would that be Solo2?). :-)
>
> This is a result of what DC feels is unfair treatment in the Club Racing
>   ranks.
>
> Effective date is Sept 20, 1999, btw.
>
> It's a shame to hear this, as I thought DC had done a wonderful thing by
>   making a car that was cheap to buy and fairly cheap to run, and
>   unquestionably competitive.

Remember that it wasn't DC that built the Neon, they just inherited it.
While Chrysler may have seen the wisdom of putting cheap racers in the
average schmo's hands, Daimler doesn't. Look at what racing programs each
supports and you'll see the writing was on the wall from the first merger
talks.

Steve Hoult  '89 SC   ASP 9   Flat Duck Racing
Visit the MR2 SC Registry at www.mr2sc.com