Re: DC gets tired of SCCA

To: Pat MacAvoy <patmac@tridelta.com>
Subject: Re: DC gets tired of SCCA
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:51:29 -0700
Pat MacAvoy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just got a letter in the mail today, that sez that DC (chrysler) is
>   dropping all support of SCCA-sanctioned events.  This means Solo, too
>   (or would that be Solo2?). :-)

        Wow. So does this mean that this is the last year of the Neon Super
Solo? And does this mean that D-Spec will once again become D-Stock? Wow.

> This is a result of what DC feels is unfair treatment in the Club Racing
>   ranks.

        Well, they did rather stretch the rules to make the Neon a particularly
dominant car in Showroom Stock to begin with, now they're getting
payback. Unfortunately, the way I see it, Chrysler also heralded the end
of "Stock" in Showroom Stock racing. Chrysler and Mazda both I guess.
Now the competitive cars in Showroom stock are no longer stock. But
that's a different pet peeve...

> It's a shame to hear this, as I thought DC had done a wonderful thing by
>   making a car that was cheap to buy and fairly cheap to run, and
>   unquestionably competitive.

        True, but I still wonder if we would have quite so many Neons flooding
the autox scene if Chrysler hadn't offered up all of that money in
contingency. I think that was a big element in attracting alot of
hotshoes to the Peon^H^H^H err... Neon that is... :-)

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/