Re: Topeka Hotels

To: tomh@lvcm.com, johnlee@softdisk.com, rocky@tri.net
Subject: Re: Topeka Hotels
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:04:23 -0500
List
I dont think that the problem is clean this or cheerful that . I think the real
problem is that millions of $$$$$$ worth of shiny, brightly painted, loud ,
flashy , high performance, high profile race cars, trailers and tow vehicles
converge on this little town of 120,000 people and the theives come out of the
woodwork. These motels ought to hire armed security officers for the entire
week of Nationals to watch the parking lots during the dark hours. I know first
hand of people that havve lost complete sets of race wheels/tires , trailors
and complete rigs including the race car, too!! I would think that theMotels
could spring  for the extra security, considering the extra income Nats brings
to Topeka.. One security officer would cost a motel about $150 per night (not a
big expense in my book)
Bill Schmidt cs rx7 kc reg ( ex- Topekan and dont miss it a bit )
PS also an ex Security Officer

>>> "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net> 08/20 9:46 PM >>>

>There's also a Motel 6 at 709 SW
>Fairlawn. Don't know what their rates are but remember...they'll leave
>the light on for you!!!  8<{)
>
>John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman

We stayed there a few times, until the night the motel manager informed me I
could NOT park my tow van and trailer in the motel parking lot. Open trailer
with race car on it, and he wanted me to leave it in the dark parking lot of
a closed-down burger joint next door. 10:30 p.m. and we checked out
immediately.

That was when we found the Days Inn up on Wanamaker, and found friendly
people who had no problem at all of us taking up two parking places. Worked
us in and even applied a discount upon our arrival there at 11-dark with no
reservation on a busy Friday night. I like the Raceway for its proximity,
but second choice for me is definitely the Days Inn.

Despite what Tom Bodette says in his cheery Motel 6 TV ads, it still is a
bit off-putting to have to do business through a hole in the wall.

--Rocky